CALLWORK COMICS

CALLWORK COMICS
Callwork Comics by Hazel Manzano is the Philippines' Premier Call Center-Themed Comics! FREE DELIVERY NATIONWIDE! ORDER NOW!

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Graveyard Shift

One thing we have to live with in a call center agent's job: the graveyard shift. Back in 2006 when I was still with Teletech, work schedules were the weirdest they could get… like 3:00 am shifts. Just imagine what kind of courage and will power you must have, just to wake up in the wee hours of the morning, and go to work.

After kicking the alarm clock, I started to get up, but still I sat and stared at the wall. After a few minutes I had the urge to lie back on my bed and also started to think of a good alibi for not going to work.

But with one quick motion I shrugged off all thoughts of iniquities and jumped on my way to the bathroom. Arctic cold water splashed into my body and I shivered to the harsh realities of this world. What the... ?! hehe.

In 10 minutes I got dressed and went out… to the starry night, or dawn, I should say. I sat inside the jeepney and the driver revved up to the fast lane. The cold breeze on my face made me slumber and I went to lala land. Then after almost falling off my seat, I saw bright lights and I was nearing my destination.

The next thing was the gallop! I ran and found a vacant station, set up the pc and plugged in my headset in a flash. It’s 2:59 am and I’m about to click the “auto-in” button… I whispered to myself “Yesss! 9 hours nalang, log out na!”


0 comments. share it here, thanks!: