CALLWORK COMICS

CALLWORK COMICS
Callwork Comics by Hazel Manzano is the Philippines' Premier Call Center-Themed Comics! FREE DELIVERY NATIONWIDE! ORDER NOW!

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Group Interview

In a group interview of three call center agent applicants, the interviewer started to ask questions on the first applicant. A guy on his middle 20's, clearly a call center veteran by just looking on his resume, just breezed thru the common questions of the interviewer with less effort and much confidence. Having mastered his pronunciation and voice modulation, the first applicant even sounded much "american" than the robotic interviewer who may be asking these questions everyday to her applicants.

Now the turn of the second applicant, almost feeble, a man on his late 50's tried to speak but his voice lacked enthusiasm. He was applying for a technical support position, and his credentials were decades of working as an engineer for a big television station and claimed that he was a pioneer crew of the now defunct Bataan nuclear power plant. The old man also mentioned he once owned a small automobile shop back in 1987, but the hard times hit and he was forced to close it down and the have the space rented to have a monthly income. The interviewer then asked if he know anything about CISCO; the poor old man was so puzzled that it’s like the first time he heard the word.

The third applicant was a lady on her early 30's and she boldly told the group that she was a former OFW, an entertainer in Japan. Now forced to go home because of restrictions in Japanese laws for foreign entertainers, she is now in need of a job to help support her family. In halting english, she tried to explain why she was qualified for the job in a truly courageous fashion, but for the interviewer, it was almost certain that her eagerness is not good enough for her, to qualify for the job.

This story left a lot of questions on my head. I hope that I'll find the answers as I go along, working, in a call center.


1 comments. share it here, thanks!:

Akilez said...

I live in Boston and every time I call for my credit card bills. I usually get the Philippines.

I know right away if the person is Filipino because of the accent but not heavy accent that you hear from Indian call center.

I almost fell in love with one Representative. Why? Her voice was so sexy and her voice has a smile. you actually "hear her smile" I know it doesn't make any sense but it's true. I started to flirt with her but she won't tell me what State or Country she's from.


Call Center Philippines. I just love it.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More