CALLWORK COMICS

CALLWORK COMICS
Callwork Comics by Hazel Manzano is the Philippines' Premier Call Center-Themed Comics! FREE DELIVERY NATIONWIDE! ORDER NOW!

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sponge Cola Live in Eastwood City

The date is September 26, Friday night and its been awhile since I watched and heard some good headbanging stuff in Eastwood City, as Sponge Cola did their album launch for the self-titled album “Sponge Cola”. Led by frontman Ysmael “Yael” Yuzon, this band performed to the crowd’s delight some songs from their new album and its carrier single “Puso”, which is UAAP’s official song for the Ateneo-La Salle Finals. The band, with a sound clad with crunchy guitar riffs, booming bass and melodic vocals, also played “Jeepney”, “Bitiw” and my personal favorite “Pasubali".

For a good seat and entrance, one must buy their CD album that is selling for a good 320 pesos, but some girls just don’t give it damn and bought their way to the front seats. Sneaky me, I was able to squeeze in the sidelines to watch, hehehe. I felt weird being surrounded by teen girls. Too bad I cannot make “pa-cute” as I was with my… you know who! She is a big Sponge Cola fan and that’s the primary reason why I’m more than willing to watch the show, and it turned out to be a nice, rocking treat for the both of us.

Unfortunately, only armed with my not so, but almost obsolete Nokia N73 Music Edition, I was able to steal some cellphone cam shots off the mini-concert. Hey, I also saw Ms. Jennylyn Mercado when I’m on my way to the back stage and whew! she’s so hot and skinny..not to mention she just gave birth almost a few months ago. That took my attention for awhile, but darn I was not ready to take some paparazzi shots. Oh well, now I know why should get a decent digicam!

I surely miss getting on stage with a noisy crowd, screaming girls… any call center battle of the bands brewing up soon?


1 comments. share it here, thanks!:

xtney said...

haaayy.. sana anjan aq kanina.. sobrang gustong gusto q makita si yael... well... d pa cguro time na magkita kame kasi maiinlove sha saken for sure. whehehee ; p

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More