CALLWORK COMICS

CALLWORK COMICS
Callwork Comics by Hazel Manzano is the Philippines' Premier Call Center-Themed Comics! FREE DELIVERY NATIONWIDE! ORDER NOW!

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Salary Disputes Again and Again



In an industry that uses and boasts of cutting edge technology, real-time processes and high performing workforce, salary discrepancies continues to haunt our hard working Pinoy BPO workers. It has been happening and it's a fact for many years now.

Back in 2006 when I was just starting out in the industry, I experienced my first holiday pay dispute. It was not credited for at least 3 months after I filed to correct the discrepancy.

After 4 years, now in 2010, I experienced yet the worst and the most ridiculous paycheck. Payroll issued me a 30.82 pesos check for one cut-off. I felt so humiliated and shocked. This payroll personnel who handed me the check just didn't know what it is all about and I just don't understand why this guy was just not sensitive enough to even apologize, the very least.

A check with right amount was released the day after. For me, this is just a reflection of what kind of culture the company have and this is a very serious matter that the company needs to address immediately.

I knows there's no perfect BPO company out there but as they say, mess up with anything, but not with our salaries. MAHIYA NAMAN KAYO.


3 comments. share it here, thanks!:

chuck said...

anubayan. dapat may corresponding sanction sa mga taong may kagagawan nyan.

Anonymous said...

although super tagal na nitong Post.. super hirap talaga ng ganyan.. nakaka bwisit! parang sinampal ka na sa isang cut off yan lang ang pinasok mo.. hindi super gulat ang maiisip mo eh.. super inis.. buti they give it kagad the next day sayo.. kung ako yan.. susugurin ko ang Payroll.. hahaha.. more post pls.. thanks.. :)

Anonymous said...

LAMCO International Ltd.? Damn, the word "thousand" was missed.

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Favorites More